Thursday, February 26, 2009

Treadheads

I have to admit, I enjoy innovation. Particularly when it comes to activity. I'm not an exercise fan and days like today (grey, drippy rain and overcast skies) make me want to scurry for the couch with a book and a blanket rather than be sure I get through my workout.

You have to admit, though, that being a writer can be a pretty sedentary job and the wise writer will find a way to offset that trend. I tend to move around a bit and stretch to keep my neck from stiffening up over the drawing board, or use a balance ball when checking email just to try to offset the hours spent at a sit-still. Sometimes, I'll dance my way through cleaning my studio just to get the blood stirring again. It all adds up, right?

So I was intrigued with I saw author Arthur Slade's solution. Of course, having had the fun of meeting Arthur a few years ago at the Silver Birch Award events in Saskatoon, I can't say I'm surprised, but was still very intrigued. Check it out:



You can see the whole story on Arthur's blog.

(Note: any claims about income will vary and outcomes cannot be predicted. Treadmill desks should be used for fun and not investment purposes... )

No comments: