Monday, December 14, 2009

Art in healing

Art enables us to find ourselves
and lose ourselves at the same time.
Thomas Merton
I found a site today that intrigued me. And once I finished looking through it, it also touched and challenged me.

The site is called "Lilly Oncology on Canvas" and it features an annual art competition, as well as a gallery of past competition winners, for those who have been personally touched by cancer, either as a person diagnosed with cancer, caring for someone with cancer or as a healthcare professional.

I'd encourage you to take a moment to look through it. And if you know someone that might be eligible, encourage them to consider expressing their journey through art. The guidelines for the 2010 competition are here.

An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one.
Charles Horton Cooley

No comments: