Tuesday, December 22, 2009

There's still time!

No, I'm not talking about Christmas shopping.

What I was thinking about was year-long goals. Do you set those at the beginning of the year? I often do. I always start with some easy ones so I feel progress right off the bat. But those ambitious ones are trickier. They take plodding - one small task at a time that eventually adds up to the big job done.

So it's about this time of year that I dust off the goal list and see how I've made out. And as I look at it, I see some things I'm really proud of. I finished one ambitious art piece that I've been working on for 2 1/2 years. I've experimented with some new mediums - some I like, some not so much. I've had some very productive public appearances and made some good friends in the process.

But I must confess, I've got one big project that still isn't ready to go. In spite of time blocked out, my husband's support (read "coaxing", "encouraging", "nagging") and a "productivity pal" it's still not where I wanted it to be by this time.

...sigh...

But the good news is the year isn't over yet. I still have time (roughly a week, once the Christmas company clears out for the year) to pull it back out and make some progress. And even if I don't quite make it, I guess I have the beginning of a goal list for next year.

What's left on your list for this year?

My thanks to Rick Green for the use of his hilarious "doodle".

1 comment:

Rick said...

Hey "V" thanks for posting the doodle and for the link. I actually colored that one just this morning and put it on my Facebook page. Do you do Facebook? I have yet another question to ask you that I'll e-mail you. Thanks again for the link love. Merry Christmas.